Tadeusz “Tad” Dorda is Chairman and CEO of Podlaska Wytwórnia Wódek “Polmos” S.A., the century-old distillery in eastern Poland that produces Chopin Vodka, Poland’s premier spirit brand. At Polmos, he is responsible for the company’s overall business strategy and operations.
The popularity of premium Polish vodkas can be traced to brands Dorda initiated: Chopin and Belvedere.
Debuted in Poland in 1993, Chopin Vodka was the world’s first super-premium vodka. In 1996, Dorda introduced both Chopin and Belvedere to the American market in a joint project with Millennium Import LLC. The venture revolutionized the vodka industry, catalyzing the global luxury vodka phenomenon and advancing both brands to the top of the international spirits market.
In 2003, Dorda purchased the Chopin Vodka brand and its historic distillery. Chopin is the only Polish vodka owned by a Polish family. With Dorda at the helm, Chopin continues to pioneer the category. It is the only vodka brand in the world to produce a range of distinctive spirits from different ingredients (potatoes, rye and wheat) and the first to make vodka with vintages. A champion of Poland and traditional Polish distillation techniques, Dorda argues that vodka can be as complex and nuanced as other liquor categories. Furthermore, that vodka’s definition of a “flavorless, odorless, neutral spirit” is incorrect.
For his contributions to Polish entrepreneurship and export, the Polish president awarded Dorda the Golden Cross of Merit, Poland’s highest civilian honor.
Dorda holds a degree in engineering from the Warsaw University of Technology and an MBA from the London Business School.
- Polish Vodka Association, promoting the understanding of the vodka industry, the traditions and culture of Poland, and fair trade – Vice-Chairman.
- Foundation for the Promotion of Polish-Chinese Business and Culture – supervisory member
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC) of the European Union, Agriculture, Rural Development and the Environment Section and Single Market, Production and Consumption Section – Past consultative member, 2004-2008
- Confederation of Polish Employers, responsible for the international contacts for the organization – Past Vice-President, 2003
- Los Angeles International Spirits Competition –Judge
Entries are open for 2024.
MEET ALL OUR JUDGES
Get to know the team of international experts that are the backbone of the competition.