Roster of International Experts Headline Second Annual Event Including Judging Process and Consumer Events in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS, NV (November 18, 2022) – The TAG Global Spirits Awards, created by world-renowned mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim, U.S. industry veteran David Grapshi, and American ambassador of Mexico’s National Chamber for the Tequila Industry Julio Bermejo, announces the judges for the second annual TAG Global Spirits Awards, recognized as the most comprehensive spirits competition in the world. New to this year’s event, Julie Reiner, Julia Momose, and Shannon Mustipher will join returning judges including Dale DeGroff, Francesco Lafranconi, Charlotte Voisey, Lauren Paylor, Toshio Ueno, Vivian Pei, and many more rounding out the panel of international experts. For more information and to stay up to date, please visit www.tagspiritsawards.com and follow on Instagram @tagspiritsawards.
This year’s current list of judges includes:
- Jacques Bezuidenhout, Liquid Productions and Spirit & Cocktail
- Ian Burrell, “Edu-tainer” and Global Ambassador for Rum Category
- Julio Cabrera, Maestro Cantinero and Founder, Café La Trova
- Julian Cox, Executive Director of Beverage and Corporate Mixologist for MGM Resorts
- Jake Davenport, Certified Sommelier, Cicerone, Sake Professional, Specialist of Spirits, and Shochu Advisor, and currently Assistant Mixologist at Wynn Las Vegas
- Dale DeGroff, King Cocktail and The Museum of the American Cocktail
- Tadeusz “Tad” Dorda, Chairman and CEO of Podlaska Wytwórnia Wódek “Polmos” S.A., Chopin Vodka
- Michael Feil, GM/COO of the iconic Jupiter Island Club
- Nora Furst, West Bev Consulting, and Operating Partner, Buddy
- Bobby Gleason, National Ambassador of the United States Bartender Guild, and Master Mixologist for Beam Suntory
- Holly Graham, author of Cocktails of Asia, Managing Editor (International) of DRiNK Magazine, Asia’s leading bar industry platform, and Academy Chair for The World’s 50 Best Bars and Asia’s 50 Best Bars
- Lynn House, National Spirits Specialist and Portfolio Mixologist for Heaven Hill Brands
- Charles Joly, global bartending champion and James Beard Award winning beverage designer
- Francesco Lafranconi, world-renowned mixologist, spirits industry educator and icon of cocktail culture, and Senior Vice President of Beverage and Hospitality Culture for Carver Road Capital Hospitality Firm
- Drew Levinson, Vice President Business Development – Emerging & Craft Brands, Breakthru Beverage Group
- Sean Ludford, Owner / Director of BevX
- Dré Masso, Director of bars and group Mixologist for Desa Potato Head (Bali)
- Julia Momosé, bartender, writer, business owner, and the creative force behind Kumiko (Chicago)
- Lauren Mote, DIAGEO Reserve Global Cocktailian
- Shannon Mustipher, cocktail consultant, spirits educator, and author of Tiki: Modern Tropical Cocktails
- Lauren Paylor, CEO & Creative Lead at Focus on Health, and 2022 Winner Drink Masters (Season 1)
- Vivian Pei, Co-Founder of Singapore Cocktail Bar Association, and Senior Academy Chair – Asia for the World’s 50 Best Bars
- Armando Rosario, Master Mixologist, Director of Mixology for Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits, and co-author of Twelve Cocktails
- Julie Reiner, Co-Owner of Clover Club, Leyenda and Milady’s, and Judge Drink Masters
- Nicola Riske, Southern European Brand Education Manager for The Macallan
- Ross Simon, Owner of Bitter & Twisted and Little Rituals, and producer of Arizona Cocktail Weekend
- Max Solano, Whisky & Spirits Educator, and Founder of Bar Chef Productions
- Toshio Ueno, Certified Master of Sake and Master Sake Sommelier, and creator of Sake School of America and English Shochu Adviser Certificate program
- Charlotte Voisey, Global Head of Ambassadors for William Grant & Sons
- Angus Winchester, Founder of Alconomics Asia, and Global Education Director for BCB – Berlin, Sao Paulo and Singapore
“The TAG Global Spirits Awards was created to bring together the world’s best talent to celebrate the world’s best spirits,” shared Tony Abou-Ganim. “Making our event even more unique compared to other spirits competitions, we invite consumer spirits aficionados to participate in the process, and meet and spend time with industry luminaries, while raising funds to help support hospitality industry workers via the Pink Tie Party. It’s an honor to welcome these distinguished panel of judges, and we very much look forward to this year’s event.”
The TAG Global Spirits Awards is regarded as the most comprehensive spirits competition in the world and is the only one to incorporate consumer events for spirits enthusiasts to participate, including the 2nd Annual Pink Tie Party benefitting the Helen David Relief Fund, which assists those in the bar industry fighting breast and other forms of cancer.
Entries for spirits brands and, new this year, Ready to Drink brands including Seltzers, spirit-based, and wine-based RTD beverages, are now open. Submission fees are $495 for spirits and $250 for RTDs with submissions closing December 31.
The 2nd annual TAG Global Spirits Awards will take place January 30 – February 3, 2023, at Delano Las Vegas. The full program will be announced soon. For more information and to stay up to date, please visit www.tagspiritsawards.com and follow on Instagram @tagspiritsawards.
Entries are open for 2024.
The TAG Awards competition includes various public and industry events.
MEET ALL OUR JUDGES
Get to know the team of international experts that are the backbone of the competition.